Wednesday, March 23, 2011

He's on the move!

For Christmas we got Kade a walker.  I thought he'd love it the minute we put him in it.  I even convinced Erik we should open it early so Kade could get a move on moving.  He hated it, until now. 

Kade has never been a baby that sits.  Put him on the floor with his toys and he cries about 30 seconds later.  Lay him on his stomach and encourage him to move, he cries about 5 seconds later.  If you're holding him you have to be standing up, try to sit down and he'll cry about 10 seconds later.  The kid likes to move!  We tell him that he's nosy because he always has to see what's going on.  He's pretty much only content when strapped to our chest, facing out. 

Last Tuesday I had Kade in the walker when Erik got home.  He'd been fussing in it a little but when Dad walked in the door Kade was so ecstatic he unintentionally took his first walker steps over to him.  That's when he realized he could move on his own.  Wednesday I had Kade in the walker and in 10 minutes he had visited every "off limit" area in the house.  First, he went to computer cords and pulled.  Then, he found some papers on the desk and crumpled.  Next, he walked to the hutch and pulled open the drawers.  Finally, he went to the stairs and shook on the gate. 

Now that he realizes what his legs can do he only wants to walk.  His favorite thing to do is to grab your hands, pull himself up and walk.  Every day he becomes more sure of himself and his steps get sturdier.  I'm pretty sure he's going to skip crawling.  His new nickname is "Handful" :-)  I think it's time to baby proof.


Am I not supposed to play with the vacuum?


I love it when someone tall holds me because these fan cords are fun to play with!


No comments:

Post a Comment