Friday, November 29, 2019

The Last of the MEA Pictures

Feels like I've been writing about this little trip forever but there were a lot of pictures to post from it!!  
We spent a few hours at the Jay Cooke State Park.  Again, rock ledges along with swirling, rushing waters and 2 young boys does not make for a relaxing time for me.  At one point I looked over and saw Erik calmly and gently take Mason by both shoulders and steer him in another direction.  After Mason had moved on, I walked over to the spot he was at to see what Erik was steering him away from.  Yep, a sheer cliff with a 20 foot drop into swirling, black waters.  My heart dropped into my stomach and I moved on quickly!
Thankfully we found some side water pools that were even bigger (and safer) than the previous day!! The boys spent hours exploring, skipping rocks and chasing crayfish.  
There was also a large swinging bridge that was super awesome (and enclosed).  It was only a little unnerving crossing it but mainly it was gorgeous.

These pictures were taken in the calmer area of the water.



Behind this one you can see a bit of the falls.


Pictures of Erik, Mason and Grandpa and Grandma C on the swinging bridge.



Crayfish hunters



The swinging bridge in the background







No comments:

Post a Comment