Thursday, March 15, 2018

Mason marches to the beat of his own drum.  You're never quite sure if he's listening or paying attention.  He's stubborn as all get out, if he doesn't want to do something there's no making him.  With Kade you can count to 3 but you'll only ever get to 2 before he's doing whatever you asked.  With Mason, you can count to a trillion and he's still not doing it.  
Mason is smart however, unlike most kids who love to show off their skills when you ask them to count, say colors, repeat the alphabet, etc., he'll refuse.  He might give you 1 or 2 answers but then he's done.  School is going to be interesting with this kid!  But the other day, he surprised me and my heart swelled with pride.  I was in my closet while he was playing in the room and he had no idea I was in there.  I heard him say, "Hi God.  I love you, even though you are invisible."  So, he must be paying a little bit of attention in Sunday school!

Right now Kade is all basketball all the time.  He plays in the driveway after school everyday.  He practices his form shooting, begs us to play Around the World or P-I-G, and dribbles up and down the sidewalk.  When it's time to come in, he grabs his indoor basketball and continues to dribble on the wood floor and practice his "goose neck".  When we've had enough of the pounding, he takes Erik's phone and watches Steph Curry highlights on youtube.  He's especially interested in Curry's dribbling warm ups.  I keep telling him if he's tall as Erik and can dribble like Uncle Mike he might just go to college for free!  Right now he says he's not going to college because he doesn't want to leave us.  I'll take that for as long as I can because I know the day when that response changes is coming soon enough!
The boys "helping" Dad with the never ending stair project.


Mason is so into guns right now.  
It's all he wants to talk about and play.  
He yells, "BAM!BAM!BAM!" at least a thousand times a day.  
We now call him "Bam Bam".



Whenever the Z's come over, the big kids play a sport.  
Football, wrestling, basketball it doesn't matter, but no matter what they are starting it off with the National Anthem.  This time they had Erik spotlight the flag.  Mason and Harper even joined in!
Love their imagination and attention to details!


No comments:

Post a Comment