Sunday, July 5, 2015

So Many Pictures, So Little Time

Last Thursday Kade was bummed because he had to stay home with boring old Mom and we didn't have any plans to do anything fun with anybody.  You would've thought I was forcing him to sit quietly on a chair all day, or worse yet (in his mind, anyway) snuggle with me!  Sometimes I actually use that as an option if I want him to do something, i.e. "pick up your toys or snuggle with me"--works every time!

Anyway, Erik was also bummed because he had to go to work so I took A LOT of pictures and videos and sent them to him throughout the day.  That might've made for a less than productive work day.

A day in the life with Boring, Old Mom:

Finger painting cards for cousins Violet's birthday and Isaac's baptism.



Train rides while Mom tries to accomplish some cleaning tasks.  Try is the key word--I can't get anything done with these 2 crazies!

Wagon rides up and down and around our driveway…did I mention our driveway is 1/4 mile long?



A few calisthenics before lunch.

Somebody told me he wasn't tired and he didn't need a nap.  Somebody was wrong.


Later that day the boys were going to bale hay for grandma H's horses.  Kade told me wanted to look like a "real farmer" so I had to put his gloves in his back pocket for him.  At first I had the fingers tucked into the pockets but that was wrong--real farmers have the fingers sticking out.  We had to compromise with the gloves in each pocket.  Apparently real farmers put both gloves in one pocket (fingers out, of course), however Kade's little pockets on his little butt were too small for both to go in one.  Luckily, he's seen other real farmers wear their gloves in both pockets so he was ok with it.

Turns out a boring day at home with me isn't so bad after all!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment