Sunday, July 10, 2022

Ok, I'm about 2 weeks behind on my posts but I have a good excuse!  We just got back from a 10 day vacation to Atlanta, GA and Hilton Head Island, SC.  Like, literally just flew in this morning.  
So, I'm still catching up with pictures from the last days of school and first weekends of summer.  Which feels like MONTHS ago.  

Kade had Owen and Porter sleepover for the last day of school.  They, including Mason, decided to make a blitzball field in our front yard.  It was raining and cold but they actually persevered and got a home run fence set up!  It's still up today but looking a little rough.


Success!


Mason talked me into taking him trout fishing.  My rule is I will sit in a chair, read a book, while he fishes.  I don't touch fish, I don't take them off the line, I don't bait the hook 
and my number 1 rule:  
I don't keep fish.


Little did I know, trout die super easily.  So, I found myself heading to the nearest grocery store to find a bucket and ice.  And Mason got to filet his first fish all by himself because Erik wasn't home.
That little stinker is asking me to take him trout fishing all the time now!!


The first weekend of summer Kade had a basketball tournament 2.5 hours away and a baseball tournament at the same time.  We were able to make all of the basketball games (they got 2nd) and only miss 2/4 games of baseball.
So we got up at 4:30 Saturday morning, watched 3 basketball games, drove 2 hours and watched 1 baseball game that didn't get over until 10:00 that night due to delay of games!!  It was a super long but super fun day!  Then we went back on Sunday at 7:30 for another baseball game.








This game was AWESOME!  It was one they'll remember for the rest of their lives.  It was at night, under the lights and they won by 2 runs in extra innings.  Kade pitched and caught and did fantastic.



That day was just too long for Mason so he spent the day fishing with Grandpa, Grandma and his cousins. Everybody wins!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment