Saturday, April 30, 2022

For Kade's second tournament, Mason and I made the trip with Erik and Kade.  It was beautiful weather, minus the insane wind, but we'll take what we can get with this spring we're having!

Friday evening, the field where Kade's practice was had an awesome basketball court where the rims the lowered down enough that Mason could dunk.  He felt pretty cool slamming it down!



One of Kade's teammates just happened to be the brother of Mason's good buddy, Gunnar.  So they got to stay in a hotel together all weekend, swimming and playing.  Made it easy for us mama's too....the little were entertained!



Mason and Gunnar pitching and catching on an open field at the tournament.




They got to go to Bass Pro together too.  Matching hats, matching giant fish and a pack of bubble tape to share.  Life is good for these boys!


The giant pillow fish he picked out.


Kade, Blake (Gunnar's brother), Gunnar, Mase
in their baseball necklaces


Nerds


So, I NEVER record Kade in action.  However, this game, Mason was occupied and I was sitting right up front and I thought, "I'm going to record a few minutes so Kade can watch himself back."  He's a great pitcher and I just happened to catch a pretty awesome round of pitching.






And then I decided to record him hitting.  He had been kinda struggling with form so I figured he could watch it in slow motion and analyze his swing.  Which, with this video, he's done about 1000 times.
However, the first time I've ever recorded him up to bat, I just so happened to catch his first ever over the fence home run!!!  Seriously, what are the odds!!



And the next time he was up, the bases were loaded.  So, I thought maybe I should record it just in case he got his first ever grand slam!  I couldn't believe it when he swung and the ball went flying in the exact same spot as his homer.  However, it stopped short of going over the fence.  But still an awesome hit!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment