Friday, September 11, 2020

Lola

Ok, I say this EVERY post but I really have never been this far behind!  We've had a vacation, a camping trip, gotten another new puppy AND had school start and I haven't posted about any of it!!  
So, I'm going completely out of order and introducing our newest new puppy, Lola!!  She's a mini goldendoodle and will probably get to be about 30 pounds when full grown.  She's amazing and we all love her so much already.  
We've been joking that Trixie takes after Kade (never ending energy and non-stop go, go, go mixed in with a little bit of sass) and Lola takes after Mason (she's pretty laid back, entertains herself and doesn't mind a good snuggle and nap on the couch).  She's also already given us a little scare when I had to take her to the emergency vet because she wouldn't stop throwing up.  Again, she takes after Mason as he's been to the emergency room 2 times too many as well!!
It's always been my plan to get 2 dogs.  1 for the boys (Lola) and 1 for me (Trixie).  The boys do enjoy both dogs but Trixie is very much Erik's and Lola is very much Erik's.  Yes, both puppies favor Erik and even though he didn't want either of them, he loves to rub it in my face when he's got both dogs snuggling with him.
It's worked out quite well that they're so close in age because they play together and wear each other out.  It has NOT worked out well in the potty training arena.  Holy Hannah, we've got work to do.  I just keep telling myself "1 day at a time" but maybe it's more like "1 hour at a time".  We'll get there, in the meantime we're just enjoying the snuggles and the puppy cuteness overload.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment