Wednesday, August 26, 2020

I'm so behind on pictures this summer, I've still got ones from June that haven't made it into a post yet!  So, instead of writing about last week's vacation, I'm going to catch up on pictures again.


Mason caught a crawdad while on one of his many fishing excursions!
 (seriously, fishing is all this kid wants to do!  It's all he talks about.  It's all he watches on tv.  It's all he plays outside, or in the bath, or in the basement, or with the dog.)
Side note:  these pictures were taken the end of June.  I can't believe how little he looks just 8 weeks ago!

Meet Crawdy, Mason's pet crawdad.  
He lived a terrible life in Mason's care.
 He died (or got away--but probably died shortly after) a mere 27 hours after Mason captured him.
Thanks for the memories Crawdy.



I snapped this picture right after Crawdy slipped out of his hands.
This is not when Crawdy got away.
Crawdy got away the next day when Mason dropped him in the woods.
I asked Mason if Crawdy ever pinched him.  He said, "Yes.  It kinda hurts but I love him anyway."
Spoken like a true crayfish owner.


At the beginning of summer Mason was gifted my dad's old lawn mower.  Unfortunately that thing is still running and as loud as ever.  Erik got the garden tractor fixed up so Mason now hooks that up whenever he takes the Deere on a spin.


I looked out the window one evening as I was doing dishes and this was what I saw!



Of course I had to get in on the action too!


We took the boat out on the Mississippi one afternoon.  We didn't catch much but the boys had fun pulling into a sandbar to swim and taking turns driving.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment