Thursday, February 9, 2017

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mason David!!

My sweet baby Mason turns 3 today!!  You are such a sweet little man.  You gives hugs, kisses and snuggles away freely.  You LOVE your big brother and will do or say anything he tells you to just get his laugh.  You are so funny and love to make people laugh.  Class Clown is most definitely in your future.  You have no fear, no concept of repercussions and an unusually high tolerance for pain--which all adds up to lots of gray hairs for mom and dad as you dive head first off of everything (or try to stick things in outlets and/or your mouth).  And, oh boy, are you stubborn!  Disciplining you is hard work because: 1. time outs mean nothing to you   2.  taking away toys or items means nothing to you and  3.  you've got that killer smile that lights up your entire face and a giggle that makes me laugh every.single.time I hear it.

I'm trying to soak in every minute of this age because you've still got big, chubby cheeks, squishy arms and a baby belly.  Soon that will be replaced with long, skinny arms and legs.  So, I'm holding on to this "baby" stage as long as possible!  Although, your vocabulary is not so babyish.  Your favorite word is still "dammit".  You say it so often that now you tell on yourself when you say it.  "Yep!  My say dammit!  Dammit.  Dammit.  Dammit".  Just the other day you were playing by yourself in the basement.  I could hear you having a full on conversation, asking questions and answering yourself.  All of the sudden you yelled to me, "MOM!  MY SAID DAMMIT!!".  See above for how hard it is to discipline you when you say that word.

You love tractors, cars, lawn mowers, snowmobiles...anything with an engine.  And you love to pretend to fix said engines.  You are going to be handy to have around when I need work done on my car!!

When I think back to the day you were born, the day we found out we were getting another baby boy, my heart swells with joy.  God's plan was amazing.  You were the answer to my prayer.  As my favorite saying goes, "We were meant to be".

Happy Birthday, Mason.  We love you sooooooo much!








No comments:

Post a Comment