Friday, January 27, 2017

Erik is going to kill me for writing this post.  Sorry not sorry, Tall Guy!  Warning:  it's about to get real awkward up in here...

Erik's sister, Jenna, just had her 3rd baby.  Welcome to the world Eve Noella!!

And Erik's other sister, Erin, is expecting her first in July!!  

As you can imagine the boys are pretty curious as to where these precious little people are coming from.  Much to Erik's dismay, I don't really sugar coat anything.  So boys, the baby's grow in their mommy's tummy.  How do they get out of their tummy?  Through the mommy's vagina.  

Since we have a 6 year and an almost 3 year old boys, you know it doesn't just stop there!!  Here goes....all of the awkward conversations I've been having with the boys about the female anatomy (why are they not having any of these conversations with their dad?!?!).

Mason:  I'm a big boy!
Me:  Yep!  But big boys go potty on the toilet.
Mason:  Mommy a big boy?
Me:  Nope, I'm a big girl.
Mason:  Mommy have penis?
Me:  No, girls have vaginas.
Mason:  My eat ginas for supper?
Kade (rolling on the floor laughing):  He just said he's going to eat a pagina!!!!

At church Kade saw a mommy breast feeding her baby:
Kade:  How do the Mommy's feed the baby?
Me:  With their milk.
Kade:  But where do they get the milk?
Me:  From their boob.
Kade:  But how?
Me:  The babies suck on the Mommy's nipple.
You can literally see Kade's wheels turning as he's processing this information.  He's kind of grossed out but then you can tell that he realizes he was once a baby so he probably got milk the same way.  His face goes from a little confused to completely disgusted.
Me:  Don't worry, you didn't get milk that way.  You got your milk from a bottle.
Kade:  OH MY GOSH!  WHEW!  OH...WHEW!

Reading a farm animal book with Mason:
Mason:  Why that chicken sitting on eggs?
Me:  Because eggs come from chickens.  And that chicken just laid a bunch of eggs.
Mason:  How chicken lay eggs?
Me:  I'm not really sure?  The eggs come out of either the chicken's butt or vagina.
You can literally see Mason's wheels turning as he's processing this information.  He's looking at me trying to figure out if I'm joking.  Then he realizes I'm not.
Mason (his face showing complete disgust):  Ew.  My not like eggs anymore.

And, one of my all-time awkward Mommy Moments.  It happened in the very full dressing room at TJ Maxx when Kade was about 3.  I wanted to try on a swimsuit (I should note that I followed all of the rules and left my undergarments on).  I wasn't about to leave Kade outside of the dressing room to wait so in he came!
Kade:  Mom.  I love that swimsuit.....but I hate your pagina.
Fits of giggles and laughter coming from all of the other dressing rooms.  And, no, I didn't get the suit.

Of course I've been using all of this baby talk to remind the boys that they are adopted and didn't come out of my tummy, they came out of A's and F's tummy's.  You've never seen two more relieved faces than when they learned just exactly HOW the babies get out and that they didn't come out of ME that way!  There are so many bright sides to adoption, but if you were to ask 2 little boys what the brightest side is, I can guarantee their answer would be that they didn't come out of my pagina (and yes, that is how Kade still says it).







No comments:

Post a Comment