Friday, April 15, 2016

I'm not winning any Mom of the Year awards this week.  I came down with a nasty stomach bug on Tuesday night that pretty much knocked me out for 3 solid days.  Wednesday's are my day off with the boys but I had to call in reinforcements because I could only drag myself out of bed long enough to visit the bathroom.  There was no way I was keeping up with Tasmanian Devils 1 & 2.

Although, I did manage to parent for exactly 3 minutes on Wednesday:  They've been working up the fields around our house this past week.  When they do that, they park the tractor in our yard overnight, rather than driving it home.  The boys LOVE it.  So bright and early on Wednesday morning, they decided they wanted to go check out the tractor before the farmer came and got it for the day.  In my nausea induced stupor I had a vision of one of the boys putting the tractor in neutral and the other boy getting run over by the giant wheel.  After that I managed to pull myself up and get outside long enough to supervise them on the tractor.  Thank goodness my mom showed up within 3 minutes after we got outside because the bathroom was already calling my name.  

This means I took exactly ZERO pictures this week.  Kade had a field trip with his class this week and a couple of the moms that went along sent me a bunch of pictures of Kade.  Unfortunately for Mason, there aren't any pics of him.  However, I did find this one that Kade must've taken with my phone:


Mason stayed home sick last week.  Erik worked from home one day and Mason kept him company doing his own jobs.
By the way, the first few days of drop offs at his new daycare were ROUGH to say the least.  On the first day I heard him screaming for me as I was driving away…broke my heart.  By the 3rd day though he was already running to Sara's arms and having a good time with his new friends.  Whew.

These are the pictures the other moms sent me of the class field trip.  They went to the Children's Museum in La Crosse, WI.

I'm thinking "news anchor" is NOT in Kade's future!

However he seems more than happy behind a desk!!  Perhaps IT like his dad??  If it's up to Erik, that answer is big, fat NO!


It sounds like it was musical chairs on the bus ride.  At one point all 4 boys were in one seat!
They're a handsome bunch!

Kade, Nolan and Charlie making silly faces



After the museum they went to a park for a picnic and more playtime.

The great explorers!!


Tucker and Kade…wiped out after a rough day of playing.

And, quite possibly, my most favorite picture of the day...

Erik, sitting comfortably on the bus!!  
I laugh every time I see this picture.  Look how high his knees are!!  Poor tall guy…

And, now, Erik and I are tag teaming the couch.  He's got himself a nasty cold and my stomach still isn't back to normal.  These boys are wearing us out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment