Thursday, April 19, 2012

He Speaks

Now that Kade is more or less capable of holding a conversation, I'm having a hard time keeping a straight face at times when it is necessary to be stern, or at the very least, not smiling.

Our basement is always messy with Kade's toys because it's a battle I choose not to fight.  It normally looks like a tornado swept through but for some reason, yesterday, it looked like a combination of a tornado, an earthquake and a hurricane hit it.  I asked Kade, "Who made this mess?!"  He thought about it for awhile then said, "Umm...Lady A".  For the past 2 days, every time we go downstairs, he points and says, "Lady A's mess."  Granted, Lady A and her mom did just come for a visit this past weekend and we did play downstairs so it's fresh in his mind but I hardly think she can be blamed for it! 

We're having a hard time with teaching Kade to not throw his food, utensils, cups and other various objects off the table.  He knows better, he does it anyway.  Believe me, I remind myself daily that he's only 20 months old and we still have a long road ahead of us.  Yesterday, during dinner, he threw his cup at his plate and food went flying.  I said to Kade, "NO NO! You don't throw your cup!  Look at the mess you made!"  He looked at me, ROLLED HIS EYES while saying in his most exasperated tone, "UGH!  Sorry."  Erik had to turn away because he almost had milk shoot out his nose from laughing!  One of us has to be the strong one but I had to fake a cough so I wouldn't start laughing too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment