Thursday, August 11, 2022

Still getting caught up on Hilton Head vacation pictures!

So, I really like popping zits.  Especially other people's.  I know it's gross but it's just so satisfying!  I told myself I would resist popping zits on my boys.  I don't want them to spread cause acne.  However, Kade has had a GIANT blackhead on his nose for months.  I couldn't take it any longer.  So I figured I'd try those strips.  It didn't work.  He finally just let me squeeze it out on vacation, and honestly I think he enjoyed it as much as I did!  He's constantly showing me new ones to pop!  I haven't popped anymore on him though it's been hard!!


We got up early (about 5:50 am) a couple mornings to catch the sunrise.  Kade didn't want to join us but Mason popped right up every time because he loves searching the tide pools.  On this particular morning, it was the day after 4th of July.  The beach had been busy the day before and we found a whole bunch of nice sunglasses!  Even a pair of Oakleys!  





We also found a shrimp...



and sea turtle tracks....
The sea turtles come on shore at night to lay their eggs.  So all along the beach there's little fences around the nests to protect the baby sea turtle eggs.
Apparently we got really lucky to see these tracks!  It would've been SO cool to see the turtle but we'll settle for these instead.



Inspecting a tide pool.





 ...lots of star fish...



...a Horseshoe crab shell...




I forgot my sunglasses that morning...thanks for the find, Mase!


...and of course Mason caught a jelly fish.
Kade happened to get stung by a small one on the very first day.  It looked like it hurt!



Holes and sand sculptures are not allowed to be left overnight on the beach due to the sea turtle hatchings. They hatch in the middle of the night and follow the light of the moon to find the ocean.  If theres holes, or mounds, they can't get to the ocean and they die.  One morning we happened upon a very big sand sculpture and the beach patrol came upon it at the same time.  He asked if it was ours (it wasn't) and then proceeded to destroy it.  We offered the kids to help, so he get them some shovels and rakes and they had fun destroying it.  


Kade and Vivienne got to go golfing!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment