Thursday, September 10, 2015

And Finally…Vacation Part 3 and 4!!

It's already the 2nd week in September and I'm still posting about things that happened in August!!  I told you we packed a lot into 3 weeks!!
After we left Christmas Mountain we decided to extend our stay in Wisconsin Dells for another 3 nights.  We hooked the camper back up and headed out on the 3rd leg of our 4 part vacation.  We swam at the campground, took the boys to Noah's Ark waterpark, Erik took Kade mini golfing during Mason's (and my :-) nap times, and we even found ourselves indoors a couple times to get out of the rain!
These are definitely my most favorite pictures of our vacation!  So many good ones, I had to post them all!



 After a quick shower there was a huge puddle right outside our camper.  We just couldn't say no when the boys started doing this:



This picture appears like it's not going to end well for Mason.  
No worries, it wasn't too big of a splash and he was so focused on what was in his hand he didn't even notice!



There was one part of the vacation that was extremely disastrous.  I tried to take my 3 boys shopping.  Never. Ever. Again….Ever.  They (I'm including Erik too) were good for about 11 minutes and then their moods quickly turned sour.  I've never been in and out of a shopping center so quickly in my entire life!
Erik did manage to snap one picture of them somewhat smiling while I was shopping!


 On our last evening it poured from about 5:00 into the next morning.  We couldn't stay in the camper with Crazy and Crazier for that long so we found an indoor amusement park, Knuckleheads.  That place is awesome!!!  Mason's initial reaction to the place pretty much sums it up.  He screamed "WOW!!!" and then immediately started dancing.



Looks like I've found myself a buddy to go on rides with me!  Erik only does water slides, but Kade is more than willing to go on either!
Good thing Mason liked these little rides while Kade and I were on the big ones.

 Knuckleheads also has a "high ropes course".  Kade called it an American Ninja Warrior course.  It was high above everything else, maybe 20-30 feet up.  Erik and I both thought Kade would get up there, freak out and immediately come back down.  Umm.  No.  He LOVED it!!  Our little shy guy apparently has no fear of heights!  He immediately took off and spent the next 30 minutes crossing over obstacles high above my head!  Poor Erik wasn't thrilled with the height but he had to keep up with the mini ninja warrior!

All strapped and harnessed in!

And they're off!


I forgot my camera so this is the best I could do with my phone.  I wish I could've gotten better pictures!  I was so impressed and proud of Kade!!

Meanwhile, back on solid ground, Mason enjoyed about 2 dozen rounds on this ride!



Part 4 of vacation was more of a "stay-cation".  We hung out at home and recovered from our journey. I can't say we relaxed, that's not possible with a 5 year old and an 18 month old!!

The boys had lots of yard work to tend to when we got back.  
I probably shouldn't admit this but this picture is not posed.  Kade really does drive the 4 wheeler while Erik rides in the wagon.  Don't worry, he does wear a helmet--Kade that is :-)



We met Violet and Jenna one morning for a trolley ride around town and then a little stop at the park!  It was fun but Mason isn't quite there yet as far as trolley rides go.  It was a 45 minute ride and he sat quietly for about 7 minutes of it.  Good thing Erik was there too so we could take turns wrestling him into his seat!


And so ends the vacation recap!!  Whew!
Someone starts preschool next week, 3 days a week, all day sessions!  Hopefully I can hold in the tears until after he gets on the bus :-(




No comments:

Post a Comment