Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween 2014

I feel like I need to put the story behind Kade's costume in writing.  So, when he's 14 and I can't do anything right by him, he can't use his 2014 Halloween costume as more ammunition.  As in, "Seriously Mom???  THAT'S what you chose to use as my costume?!".  Okay, maybe I'm guilty of using that sentence with my mom.  Which just goes to show I know it's coming in my not-so-distant future.  Let me assure you Kade's costume was ALL HIS IDEA.

A few weeks ago Kade had decided he wanted to go as a farmer (big surprise, I know).  So I never bothered finding a costume for him.

Monday:
Me:  "You can wear your Carhart bibs.  We'll get you a plaid shirt, you can wear your straw hat and we'll put some dirt on your nose!"
Kade: "No mom.  Farmers wear jeans and they don't have dirty noses."
Okaaaay.  Soooooo.  Kade's basically going as....Kade.  Awesome.

Tuesday:
Kade:  "I don't want to be a farmer.  I want to be an animal."
Me:  "That's fine but that means we'll have to go shopping tomorrow."
Kade (making a face that someone would make if I had just told them I was going to cut off their pinky finger):  "NO!  I want to be a farmer!"

Wednesday:
Me:  "I just realized Mason needs more formula so we have to go shopping today anyway.  We can look for an animal costume for you too."
Kade:  "I want to be horse!  Or a giraffe.  Or a dinosaur.  Or a etc, etc, etc". All the way to the store.

As we're looking for socks Kade discovers black spandex pants in his size.
Kade:  "I want to be football player!!!"
Me:  "You are a football player Every. Single. Day."
Kade:  "But I NEED these pants!  It's just like what all the football players wear!!"
Me:  "Okay but then we aren't buying an animal costume."
Kade:  "I know mom.  I'm going to be an awesome football player!"

Without further ado, in a picture we have a million versions of already, Kade as a football player for Halloween 2014:

Mason, on the other hand, has every reason to give me a hard time for his first Halloween costume.  He was a lion.  Kade may have been the same lion for Halloween 2011.  
I'm sorry Mason but, trust me, you didn't care.  And I PROMISE to put you in brand new, never-been-worn, non-hand-me-downs just as soon as you do care!!
He makes a darn cute little lion though!  So I'm sorry/not sorry for reusing the costume :-)

Seriously.  Tails on babies.  Cute.


Trick-or-treating at G&G C's.  Halloween also happened to be their last day of work.  Ever.  My parents retired on the exact same day!


Later G&G H babysat Mason so Erik and I could take Kade trick-or-treating in our old neighborhood.  It was a blast and the boys did great!

Here's Kade and Michael in their annual costume picture:













No comments:

Post a Comment