Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I've got adoption on the brain today because I've been working on getting all of the paperwork and profile material done in order to get back on the Catholic Charities adoption list.  It's time to make Kade a big brother!

Anyway, I thought of this story that I completely forgot to share!  A couple of weeks ago Kade and I were driving home from daycare and he was basically saying all the words that he knows.  There was really no rhyme or reason to what he was saying and I wasn't responding to him, just listening.  He started talking about Lady A and her mom when out of nowhere he said, "Lady A Kade's birthmommy".  I wasn't sure I heard him right so I asked him who Lady A was and he said "Kade's birthmommy".  I was shocked, he's never said anything like that before!  I mean, I tell him regularly that, "Lady A is your birthmom.  You were born in her belly and she chose me and Daddy to be your parents.  And we all love you very, very much."  I just never thought he was actually listening to me!!  When Erik got home I asked him to ask Kade who Lady A was and again Kade responded, "Kade's birthmommy".  It brought tears to my eyes...proud tears because he is only 1 but he seems to know so much already, he amazes me!

These pictures have nothing to do with the post, just a bunch of pics of the little cutie.


We're working on cementing our driveway.  Kade loves all things "machinery" so much that he actually pulled up a chair, with a drink in hand, to watch the skid loader at work!


There's a small lake near our house, so once in awhile we go for a walk there and throw rocks in the "big bath", as Kade calls it.  It's my job to pick up the rocks and it's Kade's job to throw them in.


He's got no fear of the water!  I think he would've tried to walk out to the kayakers if we would've let him.


Pretty much everyday, multiple times a day, Kade and Erik take a lawn mower ride.  One evening I came outside to find this!  My very efficient husband and son killing 3 birds with 1 stone:  a lawn mower/wagon/4 wheeler ride!


No comments:

Post a Comment